Well it could very well be that you are!
Two different Love Languages, that is.
Sometimes the misunderstandings and problems in our Union stem from energetic blocks, old programming, and Mercury Retrograde (yes I am being facetious here), but sometimes the issue is that the manner in which we receive Love is different from the way our partner gives it.
And visa versa.
Everyone receives and gives love differently, as we all have different needs that we naturally come onto the planet with, and different stories about what Love is.
And in our Twin Flame Unions, and in other relationships we have had in the past (and even the present), there can sometimes be a feeling that our Partner does not love us, which evokes feelings of insecurity, which then creates a snowball effect that often leads to accusations, mistrust, unfufillment, and in the worse case scenario, abandoning the relationship.
Many times the root problem is not that we are not loved, it is simply that our partner does not know how to speak our Love Language, and neither do we know how to speak theirs.
Gary Chapman is an amazing relationship coach who has written a book called The 5 Love Languages. In this amazing work, he talks about the 5 primary styles of receiving love that are pretty Universal. They are:
- Words of Affirmation: These are complements, encouragement, heart felt praise and validation.
- Acts of Service: Things like washing the dishes so you can rest, or picking you up from work every night, or doing things around the house without being asked (or nagged!)
- Receiving Gifts: If you like coming home to a bouquet of flowers, or being surprised by that new bracelet you have been eyeing for weeks when its not even your birthday, then you are strong in this one.
- Quality Time: Going on vacations and road trips together, unplugging all electronics so that you can share an intimate weekend just shut up in the house…and yes..the quintessential long walk on the beach would fall under this catagory.
- Physical Touch: Lots of hugs, gentle touch, caressing, snuggling.
According to Gary Chapman, you are dominant in one of these Love Languages, and so is your Sacred Partner. Understanding what their Love Language is, and becoming proficient in it, it the ultimate way to increase the flow of giving and receiving love in its most practical application, and has the potential to improve any relationship strain that may arise from feeling insecure about your partners love, when the issue at hand, is they don’t know how to love you in the way your perceive it.
Gary Chapman has an amazing quiz that will reveal what your dominant Love Language is. I have provided a link below, and I highly recommend it for you and your Twin Flame.
When I did this quiz with my Twin, we were both stunned to discover that my primary Love Language, was his least dominant, and his primary was my least dominant, however, everything else was the same. His dominant was physical touch, which was the last on my list, and as it was, physical touch has always been difficult for me, as I grew up in a home where hugs, loving touch and caresses were virtually non-existent. As a result I simply was not, at least up until that point, a touchy-feely person.
Such is the way that we as Twin Flame pairs are constantly challenging each other to change, grow and evolve past our typical set points.
Needless to say, our relationship saw a beautiful shift when we became more mindful of the methods we were using to show and communicate our Love for One another.
Visit the link below to check it out yourself!
Here’s to you and your fluency in loving your Sacred Partner!